Can’t is a perception that something can not be done. It is an indication of doubt, and it is not supported by fact. It is the mother to resistance. I mean in a particular instance, you may not be able to accomplish a specific task due to limiting circumstances such as health, ability, will or knowledge, but in time with a little effort, all things are possible.
So the next time you have a desire to step outside of your comfort zone and the thought of can’t or any other limiting beliefs present themselves, I want you to ask yourself the following questions:
- Why do I fear “this”? What is it about “this” situation that makes me shrink back and doubt myself. Otherwise, why are you making this a big deal?
- What do I need to learn so that “this” is no longer a perceived obstacle? Who can and will support me while I acquire new knowledge?
- What do you really want? I mean for once, be honest with yourself and get clear about your desires. You can decrease hesitation by 50% if you understand why you were supposedly putting it all on the line. People become successful when they are specific about why they want to pursue a goal. Vagueness is what is scary. The fear of the unknown is worst.
- What is on the other side of discomfort? Possibility, lessons learned and growth.
- What experience or opportunity will you abandon if you don’t put forth the effort?
There is so much to lose when you allow fear to make choices for you. Rethink your position on the word “can’t.” Decide what you want and then go after it with no hesitation.
Allow me to put this all into perspective for you. You can either live a life of purpose or regret and self-imposed limitations. Make the decision today to take control of your life.